Monday, December 17, 2012

Fancy Kate's Birthday Party

This year for Kate's birthday party we went with a "Fancy Nancy" theme. Kate adores those books. Adore is a fancy way to say love. We read Fancy Nancy at least twice a day, if not more. Kate has the book memorized and reads it to her babies a few times each day when she puts them to bed. So this party was all things fancy!!  Here are Abby and Kate all dressed up waiting for the party to start. So fancy girls!


 I set up a photo area for the kids to try on accessories and pose for fancy pictures. The backdrop should make you think fancy french thoughts, because as Nancy says, anything in french is fancy.
 So the balloons on the ceiling didn't turn out near as cool as I invisioned....I thought that 75 balloons would cover ALOT more area. In truth the entire party was a little less fancy than I had pictured it. Oh well, Kate still thought it was fancy. Poor Chance is scared to death of balloons and stayed as far away from them as he could. Jon wins the most dedicated Dad award for helping me with this party. Not only did he stay up till 12 blowing up and hanging balloons and streamers, he came home every night the week of the party and helped me cut out crowns for the kids to decorate. The only time he complained was to say he hoped Kate knew how much we love her, because he wouldn't spend this much time on a party otherwise. To top that off he dressed fancy with no complaints and ran the activities outside while I worked in the kitchen. He had glitter in his hair for days! Yea, like I said, best Dad ever!



Oh-la-la dress up time! I think the dress up clothes were a big hit. I didn't even hear anyone fighting over any item. If you ask me that is a huge success! The girls didn't really get the concept to stand in front of the backdrop and pose, they just wanted to run around in their fancy attire. Maybe if the girls were a few years older they would be more into a photo booth. These kids really didn't care about the pictures, they just wanted to be fancy!


 After playing dress up and decorating crowns the kids went outside to do the limbo. I originally planned to have a dance party/limbo in the living room but it was 70 something outside and the kids wanted to take the party outside.
  And of course in birthday party tradition I made a pinata. It is supposed to look like a purse....its pretty ugly but the kids didn't care! To be honest it started out to be a hat and didn't work so I improvised a purse. Poor Kate--at least I tried! 
Avery broke it and all the kids dug in for candy. Then it was back inside for pizza at the King's Crown, just like Nancy.


Also, this is the crown decorating table. And Kate and the kids had a great time playing in Kate's room.


 For dessert, instead of traditional cake, we had parfaits (parfaits are fancy for ice cream sundays). The kids got to put lots of fancy sprinkles on them. To keep some tradition we stuck a candle in Kate's parfait.



 I just love how proud she looks after blowing her candle out!


 And lastly present opening time! Kate got spoiled as usual. Her facial expressions in these pictures cracks me up! Kate loves all her presents, and keeps asking if we can have another party. She had a great time. Having this girl in our life is such a sweet blessing. Hope you had a great birthday!


When all the guests had gone home the girls all crashed on the couch. My girls snuggled up with our event photographer, Nikki. As always she made it hard to pick what pictures to post! She always takes so many shots...I think this year was only 299. Thanks for helping preserve our memories Nikki!

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

SO FUN!!!!

The Lunds said...

What a doll! Looks like she had a blast. Wish we could've been there to spoil her too.