Sunday, July 1, 2012

Abigail's Baby Shower

 My amazing friends down here in Beaumont threw Abigail and I a shower on Saturday. They had the cutest little theme and decorations, and were just overall too good to me! The theme was books, so all of the food had a book that went with it, and the guests were asked to bring a book to expand our library. I almost teared up several times during the day because I felt so loved and lucky! God has truly blessed me with amazing friends and family!
 Here are the ladies in charge organizing the food; Nikki, Leslie and Meghan. Thanks so much ladies. You will all hold a special place in my heart forever!
 The cake. It has a nursery rhymes book on top. Super cute.
 The diaper cake at the presents table. The presents came later!
 A sweet little board for Abby's room.
 The food. I just love the book idea! So much fun. (as you know I like to use books as the theme for my kid's birthday parties. I'm in the market for a good one for Kate's 3rd....if anyone has any ideas! So having this book themed shower just fits me so well! So cute!)
 Game time! My newest friend Chalise, Leslie's sister, came up with the games. They were so fun! This picture is of the potato game....you had to carry a potato between your knees across the room and then drop it in a bucket. Pretty funny stuff! We also played a baby animal matching game where you had to figure out what the obscure baby names for certain animals were. Challenging but fun! And we also played the guess what candy bar made the mess game. Very interesting to study the contents of diapers so closely! I loved it all so much!
 Then we chowed down on the food! It was all amazing! I just love to eat!
Then lastly opening presents. I, or should I say Abby, was given so many cute things! She needs it, since all of Kate's baby clothes are for winter and she is going to come in the hot Texas summer! Thanks again to all who came and gave us so much! I will hopefully get my act together and get Abby's room organized and decorated in the next week or so, so be expecting pictures soon!

No comments: