Monday, July 30, 2012

6 years

 This past weekend Jon and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. To me our newly wed days seem like just yesterday! Technically our real anniversary is August 17th, but since our sweet Abby is due the 18th, we kinda assumed that we will be a bit busy on our actual day! So to ensure we got some time to celebrate we went ahead and partied this weekend! Nikki asked to have a sleepover with Kate, so we had an entire night to ourselves! It felt great to not worry about a kid at all for an evening. We went to eat at a delish steak house, went bargain hunting at the mall, played put put golf, and came home to eat cheesecake and watch a movie. It was low key and amazing. Just having some time fully dedicated to us was such a treat! We won't be having too many more nights like that in the near future...with us learning how to be parents of 2. And that might come sooner than our due date (at least this momma hopes so! I am posting at 1am because I can't sleep. Darn pregnancy discomfort. But the doctor today said I am already dilated to a 1, so here's hoping!)
The photo proof that we had fun. Jon and I are definitely not pro golf material. He is way better than me, but still--we suck!
And please no one laugh at me...I know I look huge. I hate seeing pictures of myself these days. But there I am in 37 weeks of pregnancy glory!
I am such a lucky woman to have been married to my goofy husband these wonderful 6 years. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without him now. He works so hard for our family and loves his girls so much. These 6 years he has challenged me to grow and become a better version of myself. We are already starting the process of growing old together! In these years we have moved 6 times, lived in 4 states, had 1 (maybe 2 depending on the actual delivery date!) baby, fought, laughed, cried, and loved. I can't wait to see what this next year brings. Love you Jon!

1 comment:

Brandon and Bethany said...

Happy anniversary. This post made me miss you guys!