Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Funnies

This weekend has been mostly laid back. Jon and Kate went to our niece Ashlyn's birthday party on Saturday morning at a splash park and had a great daddy/daughter day. Mom decided it was too hot to be outside all day--so I went to help at our ward Pioneer Day celebration and then walked around the mall a bit. Aside from that, we have mostly just been enjoying our weekend together. During our weekend Kate has busted out some really funny things. She is getting so much more talkative and adult-like, which makes her even more funny! Here are just a few highlights I wanted to remember!:

We were talking about how daddy was going to go to work tomorrow. Kate looked at me and said "mommy doesn't work, she just sits on the couch"

I asked Kate if she could lick her nose like a picture of a funny dog we were looking at and she proceeded to lick her finger and rub that finger on her nose.

Kate was being rowdy and jumped on my stomach, so I was explaining to her that mommy's tummy hurts when she does that. Kate then started patting my tummy sweetly and said, "Abby in there mommy? push it out!" (she is a big fan of telling anyone to push it out as pertaining to pooping due to potty training. She is known to tell us all the time while we are in the bathroom "good job! push it out!" It was just super funny how right she was about me needing to push Abby out of me in a few weeks...and we haven't mentioned it to her!)

Kate was sneaking some food to Chance under the table at dinner. Dad saw her and told her to stop and show him what was in her hands. She smiled and held up one empty hand while keeping the full hand under the table. When Jon then asked to see the other hand, she switched the food over to the other hand under the table to show dad the other hand empty. She is already trying to be sneaky!! We were sad we didn't catch that moment on camera! It was priceless.

And one more thing I wish I could have gotten on camera, Last night while watching a movie, the men in my life fell asleep together. But then they started snoring in unison! I tried to video it but you couldn't hear it well enough, so a picture will have to suffice.

No comments: