Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Heating up

Well I think spring is pretty much over here in southeast texas. Yesterday it was just shy of 80, and I started having that dreadful feeling that it will be nasty hot for the next 9 months or so...(ok so I exaggerate a little) One thing about the heat wave that is fun is Abby's hair! She already has curly hair, but in the humid mess she has perfect spirals! So fun to play with! And the curls make her bald spots look balder!  
Another random tid-bit from life, yesterday we went to the pediatrician for a check on Abs ears. (She is 19.4lbs) And Kate was in the spotlight. As soon as we got to the check in window she started asking the nurses what was wrong with Abigail. Then she asked the doctor what was wrong with her. The doctor looked and me and said "Now she is 4 right?" When I said no still 3, he asked when her birthday was. He jumped when I said December. "She speaks better than most 4 year olds!"
 
Kate has been helping her dad build a swing set outside. She LOVES it! We now have the thing built, but we are waiting on the swing/slide parts. They will be in this week. But our sweet little girl doesn't seem to need the swings to be happy. She takes her Kangaroo with her and they play forever out there! I must say it's as much a gift to her as to me! I'm sad to report that I missed a great photo op--Kate held with vertical beams up while Jon screwed them in. She really is a good helper.
 
Another photo I missed of sweet Kate was yesterday she and Kangaroo were exploring the yard. She came inside to tell me she found a big lizard. She went back to go say hi to it. It was on the fence, so she did a perfect low squat right in its face (all while holding kangaroo like a baby on her hip) and started to talk to the lizard. She was inches from the thing. Too funny. Buy the time I found my camera it was over.
 

Abs is ALMOST crawling. She's up on all 4's and rolling all over. She will get it soon. She has started eating some table food. She almost choked on a grape this weekend. I was holding her and eating them, she snuck one off the vine and popped the whole thing in her mouth! I'm serious when I say if she doesn't choke herself to death it will be a miracle! This picture is for Grandma Walter-- its a dress she got for her. It's extra cute when she lays down because the skirt holds its shape some and makes her look like a marshmallow.

No comments: