Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ft Worth Weekend

Last weekend we got to take a road trip up to Ft Worth to run in a race and spend time with Jon's family. Meghan and I ran in our 5k Saturday morning. We did better than we thought we would do with almost zero training. 46 minutes. Like I said, not fast, but we did it even though both our husbands were so busy we were practically single moms during our training time!

We got to spend some time with Jon's brother Bruce and meet Matt. It had been far too long since we got to spend time with Bruce! It was great fun to hang out and let Kate meet them! She still talks about them "Mom- when do I go to Bruce's house?" or "Mom- I like Matt. I like Bruce".

We had lot of fun- including going to the art museum where they had a kids day. Kate got to finger paint a picture and make a sculpture. Her artwork still makes her proud hainging on the fridge.
While we were there we got to see a real rodeo! It was pretty fun do to a Texas staple! Kate had a good time--but there is only so long a group of kids can watch people rope calves...so we left at intermission(or whatever rodeo folk call it....just a break maybe?) Kate was worried about the baby cows...she kept telling us on the way home that the baby cows got knocked over but they were going to be ok. Kate and Dallin think they need to share the lap of whoever is willing to hold them. The picture is Melissa with both kiddos. Later it was Heather's lap that was cool. And then Abby and I--I hope it was just the bad lighting in the picture and I didn't really look that rough...

Saturday afternoon we went to the park for a bit. Kate had a great time on the merry go round. I think it was her first time...but not positive on that. Either way--her first photographed merry go round ride!
Then Sunday Melissa, Kenneth and Jonathan got up way early to run a half marathon. They also did great! They all finished fast (and again with little training..I am crazy jealous of the Walter's athletic abilities. The I'm-going-to-wake-up-and-run-a-half-marathon-and-do-it-quickly slaps my I'm-going-to-near-kill-myself-to-run-a-5k in the face. At least I hope my kids inherit the natural ability to do those things well!). Jon's finish time was 2:38.

Overall it was an enjoyable weekend. The car ride home seemed to take forever, but in general the girls were really great. They both slept well while we were there and were well behaved for the car ride!

No comments: