Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Girls Rooms

 Well I've been saying it for awhile now, but today I finally got both of my girls rooms almost 100% done! But I decided that if I keep waiting for them to be 100% I will never get pictures up here! So, introducing the never before seen Abigail's Room:
We we going for a pastels/bunny theme. The bunny part came from the Hallmark interactive books about Abigail the bunny. My mom sewed the quilt from my toddler bed quilt, and I just love it! The curtains and bed skirt are the same ones we made for Kate's baby room.
 The changing table side of the room. The A is a hair bow holder that I made.
 Her closet wall and basket of books.

 The artwork was done by my mom. It is made from the Abigail books, but she made them all 3D. They are really cute!
 And a closer look at the bedding. It is simple but perfect! And don't ask me why the C is crooked in this picture....It is really bugging me now! Now that her room is finished I can't wait to get a baby in there. I can't wait to see what my new little girl looks like sleeping in her bed!
 Now on to Kate's big girl room! This room has been mostly done forever.....and when I say forever it has been a LONG time! I was waiting on myself to sew the curtains. Then one day, in a hormonal rage, I decided to just go buy curtains instead of waiting on myself! I'm glad I did--it is time to document her room! She LOVES her room and all the artwork in it. My mom drew and painted the artwork based on The Little Polar Bear books. I have to say I am in love with them too!
 Her bed that Jon built for her. (Keep in mind that her room isn't perfectly clean, but it is lived in!)
 And why these pictures look crooked too bugs me.....BAH! It's just my camera skills!
 This is the wall opposite the bed. Her kitchen and toys everywhere.
 And a closer look at the pictures. I am no photographer so excuse the glare from the lights and pretend they are perfectly in focus.

 The closet wall with her piggy bank and books. Like I said, very lived in!
Both my girls have original, but very girly rooms! I hope you have enjoyed the tour, but mostly I wanted to make sure my girls had these pictures for their memories, and mine. I spend lots of time cleaning and playing in those rooms! And I think it is sweet that with all the homemade decorations that my girls and I are surrounded with love while we play and sleep.

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

So cute! I'm glad you documented this. Your mom is so talented I love the artwork!