Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend

 For our long weekend, we really just took some time to relax and work (you can be productive and still feel like its a break right?!). Jon was amazing and painted our baby's room. We went green....a nice baby girl green. It will be cute with everything put together. Jon also did loads of yard work. Our house is really getting polished lately. If Jon keeps up this pace his honey-do list may just be empty for the first time in his life ;) (that makes me sound demanding and like a task master....I'd like to think I'm not, but as Jon tells everyone "my wife is happy when I am working." ha....I guess it's true!) Then to have some real fun on Monday Jon and his friend Ezra decided they wanted to take their kids fishing. Sounded perfect to me...a free morning! I got to go shopping alone (I still laugh at myself when I get excited about that....oh how much children change your life!), and do some organizing in my room. Since the new baby will need a bedroom, our extra room-- that used to just serve as a resting place for the things we didn't know what to do with--had to be cleaned out and the stuff organized. I think I have MOSTLY gotten that under control. I'm still working on getting my closet back together from adding quite a few things to it! Anyway, after some organizing my family returned and took naps. Then we went to the Beaumont Walter Family cookout. We had the kids playing in the pool and ate good food. Overall it was just great to spend some extra time with my man around. Kate and I sure do love him! And to show you some photo proof, here is Kate in one of her new favorite games--backwards horsey rides:
For whatever reason Kate thinks hugging her dad's behind is a smart idea.....she will learn someday just how unwise this move is!
And just because I have this picture from this week I want to post it. Kate and Chance are just like siblings. Kate talks to him all day long and likes him to follow her around the house. I heard her telling chance to sit the other day and then she said "baby on Chance lap! yay!" I had to come see what in the world she was doing to the poor dog. It wasn't what I was imagining! I thought I would find Kate trying to sit on him or something....but no, she just wanted Chance to hold her baby. She was very pleased that Chance accommodated her wishes so well.

No comments: