Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

In our church we have two weekends a year that we call General Conference. It is like a Mormon holiday! We get to spend two days listening to the Prophet and Apostles give messages about the gospel, and how we can better ourselves. I always enjoy conference because it leaves me feeling refreshed and ready to make changes in my life so I can become closer to our Lord. This weekend was no exception. A few of the things I learned was to better use my time. I need to watch Tangled less and do more productive activities! Also, I need to just to be determined to be happy! The Lord has given me so much, I need to do better at being happy every day. I also am going to strive to improve my personal prayers. I pray multiple times every day, but I want to make my prayers more meaningful. I am so grateful for the church in my life and all of the teachings it gives me! I really have no idea who I would be without it. Because of my church I have my husband, daughter, and entire family with my FOREVER! That is the biggest blessing I can ever hope for! If you want to check out General Conference you can go to www.lds.org and read, watch, or listen to it for free!

Also on Saturday morning, my Sister in law Susan asked me to do a 5K walk with her for breast cancer awareness. It was BEAUTIFUL weather and good company! We did the walk in 55 minutes, and it felt great! Hope everyone else had a great a weekend as me!

Totally random off topic news: I counted my t-shirts in my closet today and found that I have 24 that I wear ALL the time (this doesn't include the ones I don't wear often). I literally wear a t-shirt every day...I hear Jeff Foxworthy telling me "Here's your sign". Maybe I should invest in a wardrobe....

No comments: