Sunday, April 3, 2011

5K

I'm not sure I believe that I am writing this post....me, the one who hates running. Who, even when in my 'prime' was not a good runner. But 'tis true. I ran a 5K. It wasn't pretty (photo evidence proves my claim), but it's done! It took me 41:52...but considering I only trained for a week I'm not too sad. The important thing is that I jogged the ENTIRE time. I ran the race with my sis-in-law Heather and Lena (Jon's boss's wife). We were really proud of ourselves! We are actually looking for another race to run soon. (Part of my motivation is the free t-shirt) Hopefully next time we can improve our time. Lucky for me Heather was running beside me and helping 'pump me up' during the run. It was HUMID....so humid I felt the air pushing me to the pavement. It made it hard to focus on running. But together we pulled through. I can't say yet if I will turn into an avid runner....I still can't wrap my head around me ever attempting a marathon....but I do better if I have big goals to work toward. And races seem to be the push I need right now.

So here we are after the race. Funny that I chose to run with two skinny people....maybe I should pick different friends ;)


Well that is all. I've done a 5K, and I'm done for the day. hehe

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

IMPRESSIVE!!! Awesome job!

Shurtliff Family said...

WOW! I'm just like you when it comes to running. I HATE it! So props for doing the 5K. What a woman!

J said...

That's what I like to see girl!! I wish I was there to help push you into running. I tried at BYU-I to get you to like it. Keep doing the races because it's a good way to keep you motivated.

Tahsha