Monday, April 18, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!!

Do you ever have one of those weekends...not one of those weekends, but the good kind? Well this weekend was one of the best weekends a girl can have! We got to have fun with friends 2 full days! We played games on Friday, which is always a great thing in my book! We have so many awesome friends that any excuse to get together is a great time! THEN if that isn't enough, my sweet friend Nikki babysat Kate so Jon and I could go on a double date to Houston. The guys had a meeting for church, and the lovely ladies went on a shopping trip (that ended up just being a drive around looking for something to do--and then luckily getting Jamba Juice and an Ikea run!) When the meeting was over we headed to a tasty lunch. We sang duets of Mulan Rouge all the way home (yes Jon was belting out the guy parts--priceless) And if you thought that was a great weekend just wait, it keeps going! My sweet friend kept Kate all day AND made us dinner! So we didn't have to take care of our kid all day AND I didn't have to cook at all! If any of you know me-- you know how happy NOT cooking makes me! I detest cooking! We ate amazing homemade pizza and played games. AND I wore a pair of shorts that didn't zip a few months ago. Yeah, be jelous. Best weekend ever. Then we got to watch 'Shark Men' and 'River Monsters' on Sunday. LoL Yes I'm and nerd and LOVE shows about fish/marine life. Kate has also started trying to say everyone's name. So far she is best at saying Greg, Jade, and Heather. She also says Bye while she waves. I get so excited when she talks! Hope everyone else had as great of a weekend as me!

No comments: