Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Utah Vacation

I am really late posting about this trip because I left my camera....in my mom's rental car. So it is in Ohio until it gets sent back to me. These pictures have been stolen from Facebook and other sites! But anyway, Kate and I were lucky enough to make a trip to Utah to see 2 of our great friends! The excuse for the trip was my dear friend April's wedding. The best part was that my great friend from college Corteiga lives near Salt Lake and we got to spend almost a week with them! It was perfect...spending time with two of my favorite people! So here are some pictures of Corteiga and I with our kiddos.





While we were there it was freezing! We didn't pack warm enough...so Kate borrowed some of Oakley's warmer things. She looks hilarious stuffed in this coat!


Kate loved playing with Oakley and T! She has been so bored now that we are home. I can tell she is thinking, "Mom, where are my friends?" or maybe she is just thinking "Mom you are boring" Its hard to tell with her!

We got to go the the Children's museum in Salt Lake. Kate LOVED (and when I say loved I mean was totally obsessed) with the water station. I tried to put a water proof jacket on her and she threw a huge tantrum. I was embarrassed. She was that kid. You know the one you see in public and you think---wow that mom really needs to control her child. Well I guess that is going to be me for awhile now. I pray this stage won't last long! Anyway, I finally pried (and yes I do mean I used force.) her away from the water so that we could see more things in the museum. But my daughter is determined, and apparently not easily distracted. She kept trying to run away and go back downstairs to the water. I was about ready to throw in the towel with this whole 'being a mom' thing. But she did love her experience there! Me not so much....I am starting to realize that my daughter is now a toddler....equip with tantrums and attitude. yay.


All in all hanging with my pal C-money ( you better remember that Corteiga!) was great! I hope I didn't leave them too sick (yes as a bonus Kate and I had colds, and I had NO voice.)


April's wedding was beautiful; she looked like a movie star! I was so excited to see her. And I was surprised with how much time I actually got with her. Usually at weddings you don't get much time with the bride--but not the case with April! I was so fortunate to get to be with her lots! Here April and I are with our classic thumbs up pose. I don't know why we started doing that....but for some reason all our pictures together we have our thumbs up!


Next we have the bridesmaids. Look at the other girls....that is what the dresses are supposed to look like! My dress didn't look good on me at all, but it was for a good cause!
Then ANOTHER bonus from our trip was seeing my mom and her good friend, and April's mom! It was too short of a trip with them....I wish they would have been around longer, but it was still a blast to hang out with them! My sweet friend Corteiga watched Kate for me during the wedding so I didn't have to worry about her. It was a great time!
Now we are back in Texas and feeling the heat. I'm not ready for summer! Now I need to find more excuses for vacations, it was a blast to have so much fun! Maybe Jon can actually come with us next time!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

What fun! (April always looks like a movie star!) Also, I know that feeling, being embarrassed because your kid is acting like a horrible brat. Yeah...I now feel very sorry for all the other mothers that have to deal with it. And I regret to say that it may just get worse before it gets better. Benji has been getting worse and worse and worse. Everyone tells me "Two year old's are terrible, but three is even worse." Benji hasn't turned three yet, but he is definitely getting worse. Makes me feel like a failure. But, hopefully it won't last forever! :D Hang in there!