Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered!

Jon and I have barely seen each other for the past week. Usually we at least get 2 or 3 nights a week where we can relax together, but not this week! Today I was supposed to be husband-less all day. I woke up at 9 and hear him feeding Kate, which meant he skipped the meeting he was supposed to attend. This NEVER happens. Jon is the type of man who NEVER and I really do mean NEVER misses his meetings. But, I think this one time was inspired. I was feeling really neglected due to his busy schedule and the fact that his job is sending him to South Carolina for 1-2 weeks on Monday morning. I feel so rejuvenated now! And it's only been half a Saturday! When I walked out into the living room and asked him why he was still here he said "I thought you needed this". I'm so grateful he knows what I need and put my sanity first!
And he has been busy working on my 'to do list' items! He changed out all the hinges in our house so they are all pretty (not even on my list but helps make everything look so fresh!), put a new door nob on our closet door, fixed a tool on my vacuum, fed Kate breakfast and lunch, hung towel racks in our master bath, and took an old tv out of our room, and pulled out a bush in our front yard! And it's only 3! I really have an awesome husband!

In other news, Kate can now say "love you" when you tell her to! It is the sweetest thing! Just melts my heart. Jon was shocked when I got her to say it to him this morning! She also enjoys saying Chance's name....that really just sounds like chassss. So cute. Our little girl is getting so big! Sometimes it makes me sad, but I'm finding that her learning is really fun! I like her to do her tricks and show off! Man, I am the luckiest lady alive!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Woohoo! Way to go Jon and Kate!