Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts...

Today is Thursday, and since I could not think of a cohesive title for the following random pictures and thoughts...we will go with it!
1) Good deals:

I love shopping, but since Jon isn't making millions of dollars a year yet, I love finding awesome deals! I get super excited when things are on sale...and will buy things I don't need yet in anticipation of a need in the future. I went looking for baby girl shoes today, and found pairs of little boy shoes for $2.75 and $3.75! You can't find shoes any cheaper than that! And if you can you are amazing! So, I almost bought some pairs for me--because I really want a boy....I wanted Kate to be a boy.....I really want to have a boy and a girl. I have a confession....I am slightly superstitious ....but mostly I make up my own superstitions. For example: Since I had already picked out a boy name and wanted a boy so badly I figured (before the ultrasound) Kate would be a girl. I believe in knocking on wood. As soon as you say something never happens to you-- it will happen. This habit of mine gets really old with Jon....when I go to knock on wood he will tell me why the material I just knocked isn't really wood.....stupid construction man! So I've created my own rule that if it looks like wood or it is pretending to be wood it counts! Wow--so ALL of that rambling was just to tell you that since I believe that I would jinx myself...I didn't buy the boy shoes....even though it was killing me! I know that as soon as I buy them and tuck them away for my future son I would be 'cursed' to have all girls. So instead I called my Sis-in-law and practically forced her to let me get them for her son! But for only being $6 I think they are cute! And you know what is sick: the white shoes I found for Kate were twice what I paid for the 2 pairs of boy shoes!!!
ps---only at my house do you have cadbury eggs next to oranges and fun dip.......would you believe me when I say I'm actually trying to be on a diet??? And the fun dip was for my young women??
2) "Here lizard, lizard"
Does anyone remember the Taco Bell commercials way back in the day about Godzilla? Where the dog had his 'trap' set up and was sitting nearby saying "here lizard, lizard"? Well I do, cause my dad and in turn our family thought it was super funny. One of my favorite things about living here in Texas is my lizard friends. (and yes when I talk to them I call them my lizard friends!) By day we have little-ish green ones, and by night we have SUPER cool little pink ones! My husband thinks it is weird that I'm not afraid of them....he doesn't understand that just because some of them are bigger than Texas roaches doesn't mean they scare me! roaches are NASTY....lizards are my little friends. When they get in my house I catch them and set them free....when it is a roach I yell "EMERGENCY" and wait for my husband to come save the day!
3) Ride it

So a few days ago I was cleaning the house and enjoying our new surround system in the living room. (thanks again Nikki and Greg! Jon and I never pay for anything....we are such cheapskates!) Anyway---I decided that to fully enjoy my new system I needed to listen to an 'oldie but goodie' CD. So N'SYNC was my cleaning music of the day! We are talking the FIRST N'SYNC cd too! When the song came on "ride it, ride it, ride it. Giddy up!" Kate got on her rocking horse!(backwards of course....don't ask why but she likes the horse better that way) I thought it was too funny....N'SYNC must have gotten her in the mood to ride that horse! Coincidence? I think not!

That concludes my thoughts on this Thursday....and if you are still reading this you must really love me!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

I really miss you and I love your random thoughts! Only 1 more week!!!