Monday, March 1, 2010

Depression Hurts

Today I think I feel the fattest I have felt in my entire life. Just call me fatty-mcFatterson. I called my new insurance company this morning to ask them why our rate is higher than the quote we recieved...and I almost died when they explained the answer. I'm too fat. On the BMI chart I am officially obese. Thanks to me our family has to pay $26 more dollars a month for health insurance. Sweet. I've always been a bigger girl...Im no size 2...but I've gotten to accept that and appreciate my more athletic build. SO thanks to this depressing news I no longer feel like I'm doing good. Forget all the pride I felt that I was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes and getting better at getting my work outs in (when nap time schedules allow me 30 min of free time). I guess it is time to get obsessive about exercise.... but how when I am busy with 2 kids all day! Plus.... how does one work up a really good sweat when it hurts the 'girls' to jog?(sorry if that is TMI lol) If anyone has any ideas on how to workout when stuck in an apartment and not always having the ability to do workout videos let me know! Hopefully in a few months I will be able to post about all the weight I dropped....Im not feeling too optimistic. I blame the weather... it is cloudy and pouring down rain...perfect day to feel like crap. Too bad we don't have any icecream....that would cure my depression....

4 comments:

Brandon and Bethany said...

BOOO! Kick them in the nuts! BMI is totally inaccurate when a woman is breast feeding. PLUS you just had a baby, plus you're not OBESE.

I do, however, really believe in weight watchers. It's worth the money, and if you drop to your goal weight and stay there, it becomes free for life.

Good luck. I hate your insurance company.

Mallory said...

Gosh, I know how depressing that can feel! I'm "fat", too. (And, not just because I'm pregnant right now!) It's so hard thinking that my ideal weight for my height is 50lbs less than what I weigh (again, pre-pregnancy). Just as long as you aren't sitting around on the couch all day long -apart from the frequent nursing that I'm sure you do!- don't worry too much about exercising right now. There will be plenty of time for that when Kate is older and less demanding!

Casi Bludorn said...

First, that Obesity chart is waaay off, I know all sorts of people who have been told they are obese due to BMI, and it's just not true. Second, as a side note, Jonathan called me "Fattie Mc Fat Fat Fattest person I've ever seen" for the first month he knew me, he's kind of rude. Third, I don't know if you have a gym near or anything, but if you do, Try Zumba or Cardio Boxing, both are really good work outs. Fourth, you are NOT fat, and your little girl is SOO cute, I use her pictures to try to convince Jonathan to have kids!!

The Tibbitts said...

That is a mean thing to say to someone who just had a baby! And I know what you mean about hurting while working up a sweat--the only thing I found that made me feel better was going for walks. You don't happen to have a double stroller by any chance? My attitude and everything improved when I could get Luke outside and go for a brisk walk in the sun. (Of course that also depends on the weather--it doesn't work if it's freezing outside ;) It also could be done while he was awake! :) Don't let the insurance guy get to you--it's how YOU feel that really counts.