Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Excuse me while I rant

What am I doing blogging at 9:30 in the morning, when I was supposed to be at the doctor's office for Kate's overdue 2 month appointment? Well I'm letting out some of my anger! The doctor's office won't see Kate. I made a million phone calls since we moved here to find a doctor who would take new patients and get everything squared away with a new insurance company.... and I get to the doctor and they won't see Kate because I dont have the official insurance card in hand. The insurance company said all I had to do was give them the number and they would verify to the doctor that we have coverage. The doctor's office called and said that it didnt work. The nurses at the office we SO RUDE and made me feel like I was an aweful mom. I seriously got to my car and started BALLING MY EYES OUT because I was so frusterated and hurt. I swear Im not a bad mom at all! I can't help that my husband changed jobs right after Kate was born and we moved accross the country!!!! I can't help that despite my best efforts the insurance company takes 14-30 days to send you your official cards! And I can't help that some people are just plain rude and shouldn't be aloud to talk to a first time mom like that. I'm doing my best! I cant help that after calling 6 different doctors in my new town I found only one that would take a new patient! I don't know what to do now. I don't want to go back to that aweful office.... but what do I do if they are still the only place I find who will take new patients?! I guess Kate will be 3-4 months old before I can get her 2 month shots done. Monday I guess I'm off to find the local health department and get her shots there....(since the vaccination clinic is only open mon and tues) AHHHH IM SOOOOO MAD! Anyone in the Beaumont area know of offices I could go to? All of the referals I've gotten wont take new patients. Is it possible for the human body to explode because anger levels are too high?? I hope not....

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sarah,
I know it is frustrating to try to get a new doctor. The right doctor makes all the difference in the world. However, do NOT panic about getting the immunizations RIGHT ON TIME. JEssica went 6 months long on getting hers and that was fine. They build in time to make sure all are gotten in between 18 months, so that is when you catch up if they are not given right on time. I am not saying don't get immunized, I am just saying DON'T Panic. ALl will be fine and work out in the end. Good luck with a good doctor.

The Fishers said...

I'M SO SORRY!!! Have you looked at offices in nearby towns? I hate that this is so stressful!

Mallory said...

I had a bad experience with a doc right after Benji was born...actually got CPS called on me! We haven't done any vaccines with Benji, so he hasn't been to the doc since he was 2 months old! (And we only went to that appointment, because CPS told me I had to schedule it!) He's as healthy as can be! I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are a lot of alternative schedules for vaccines, that I'm sure another month or two won't be a problem for Kate. In my opinion, the stress of doc appointments is totally not worth it! :D

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

oh man Sarah...I'm soo sorry!!!! I hope you can find a kind dr soon!!!

Holli Fuhriman said...

That really stinks. I'm sorry. And there's no way you could be a bad mom! You're too nice! Sometimes I wish there were a way to put rude people in their place.