Monday, March 15, 2010

Some Ramblings

I don't know exactally what to title this post because I have several things on my mind. So here they are-- in no particular order:


1) The Apostles really are inspired men. This weekend our stake was blessed with a visit from Elder L Tom Perry. He is such a sweet man! During his testimony, he told a story from his own life. When he was 7, President Jospeh F Smith was staying at his home for a conference in his stake. The President had overslept and was late for the meeting. His dad sent him in to wake the President (because he was too embarassed to do it!). What stuck out to Elder Perry was that even though the President was late, he took the time to sit down with the young Elder Perry and bear his testimony to the boy. During the story, Elder Perry asked a 7 year old boy to volunteer to come to the stand. He then bore his testimony to that boy. I was deeply touched by this act. That boy will have such a great memory of that day for the rest of his life. It reminded me that the Apostles of the Lord really are mindful of each of us. They are called of God, and spread the love of our Savior everywhere they go on the earth. We live in such a blessed time to have the Priesthood restored. I am so grateful for our Apostles! Now I'm extra excited for General Conference.

2) Totally unrelated to 1, I am determined to lose some weight. As you know, the insurance company has labled me obese and charging me extra money.... so I'm going to lose some weight and show them! I also want to get back to how strong I was before getting pregnant. My pregnancy really drained my body, and I want my strength back! So I'm posting this in the hopes that someone will ask me later how my weight loss is going. Since I am still nursing, I can't diet much, so I am determined to work out every day.

3) Does anyone know how long it takes for stretch marks to lighten? Im SICK of looking like a bleeding raisn.

4) Kate grabs toys now! It is amazing how excited I get when she grabs her toys and trys to eat them! She is just too fun! She also loves to 'talk'. Yesterday she was repeating EVERY noise that Jon made. Oh it was the best moment....but AS SOON as I got the video camera out she stopped and just looked at us like we were nutts. Silly girl! But here is a cute picture to show off her smile!

6 comments:

The Fishers said...

It cracks me up how they stop playing when you get out the camera! Patrick does it too!!! He likes to grab toys that are hanging but won't grab toys in front of him yet. As far as the weight loss goes...you go girl!!! However, don't be shocked by how out of shape you feel when you start. I just got ROCKED by my turbojam workout that used to be so easy!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute girl. As for the stretch marks I'm thinking it was like 9 months. Ya I know it's horrible!

The Tibbitts said...

Kate is so precious. As far as stretch marks go, it takes a lot longer than you want (like nine months-ish), but they do lighten and shrink. Maybe yours will lighten faster than mine. :)

Heather said...

First things first, Walter's make some BEAUTIFUL babies!!!! Kate is adorable! Okay so the obese thing BCBAGA can kiss your VERY NON obese behind! Ooh! Maybe we can work out together at night after my girls are in bed and the daddy's can babysit. Don't you have a gym at the apt?

Heather said...

I wasn't done commenting. lol. I too feel weak from all this baby carrying I've done for the past 5yrs. We can get super toned. =D The stretch marks will lighten, after a long period of time but I ain't gonna lie to ya girl. They will freshen right back up for the next pregnancy and all others to follow. I've just come to peace with the fact that they are now a part of my body. A road map of my body's trials and tribulations. I'll wait until we're done having kids for them to really fade and go "silvery" as my mom calls it.

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Kate is such a doll!!!! What a little cutie pie you have!! I have loved all the recent pictures you have posted!!! We miss you guys here in TN, but hope all is well in TX!