Sunday, March 13, 2016

ITALY--first night/Murano & Burano

 The welcome gate to Venice! The restaurant we randomly picked for dinner our first night in Venice was called the Walter bar! It was destiny. I loved just walking around and exploring! Venice was a drug to me....I would have loved to meander for days. We stumbled on this awesome painted hallway...ah!  And all the pretty doors and unique buildings....Jon kept losing me cause I would stop unannounced to soak in something else I loved.




 Our first full day in Venice we started early (Jon and I took in the view from our hotel's rooftop and learned that Jon can't keep his eyes from squinting terribly to save his life!). We took a trip to Murano for glass making and then over to Burano for lace!

 I loved loved loved the smaller islands! Less foot traffic but just as much charm! The doors---SO PRETTY!


 BEAUTIFUL church we stumbled on.


 First water fountain in Italy!
 And my dear husband....he was the master is silly faces the entire trip. Part of why I love him, he always makes me smile!
 And we found my mom's boat in Murano!


 BURANO! I loved the cute little perfect island! And lace....*sigh* how I love lace! The bright colors, tiny canals, old ladies in shops making lace. It was like walking in a dream.

No comments: