Saturday, September 28, 2013

Makin' the most of it

 Every fall that I have lived in Texas I seem to experience seasonal depression. I start to get angry that I am still sweating my face off and not getting to wear pants and sweatshirts. To try and get past my anger toward the warm weather, I decided to make a trip to the beach. It was quite perfect. We went on a weekday, so Meghan and I had the beach almost to ourselves. It was still pretty hot, but to too hot to function. Kate decided to go topless--and nothing I could say would convince her otherwise.

 Abby was fearless, just like Kate was as a younger kid. She would crawl face first into the waves and laugh when they hit her right int the face. She was like a mermaid returning home!



On the drive home Kate was asleep within minutes, and didn't move until we got home. It was fun to get out of the house and enjoy mother nature.

No comments: