Friday, June 15, 2012

MaMAAAAAA OoooOOOooooo!

 Kate is going through a phase lately where she only wants me to put her in bed. Since that is not ok with me, we still make Jon have a turn or two during the week. Usually when he initially takes her to bed she cries my name for a bit. Jon had an idea to take her mind off the pain of being stuck with dad; when she is crying my name he sings some bohemian rhapsode to her....but just the part when he sings "Mamaaaa OoooOOOOOOoooo"really loud. Kate apparently thinks its cool, or at the least distracting cause usually she ends up singing along while they finish brushing her teeth. It is pretty funny to listen to. But yesterday it must have gotten stuck in her head, cause an entire car ride I got to be serenaded by "MaMAa OoooOOOOooo" over and over again. Good times.
In other news, my life is over. Yesterday, as I was getting ready for a dinner date, I watched on as Kate got a butter knife and tried to unlock the bathroom door (I generally keep it locked during the day so that Kate can't get inside without me and make a huge mess as she is known to do. So I lock it on my way out and pull the door closed.). Inside my head I was laughing at her thinking, good luck little girl.....but she apparently doesn't need luck at all. She just used her up most concentration and in under 5 minutes unlocked the door for the first time shouting "I DID IT!!" as she ran into the bathroom. Then she proceeded to lock and unlock the door again 3 more times in nothing flat. Now what do I do!?
ps.....is her hair not the prettiest thing you have ever seen?! Even Jon last night while looking at these pictures said "she sure has the best hair ever." Coming from Jon, that is a huge compliment ;) And yes she dressed herself....it is far too hot for that kind of outfit, but Kate didn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

David and Meg said...

They have a baby proofing contraption you can get at walmart or most baby stores that goes around the handle. It's REALLY hard for children but pretty easy for adults. It has a place where you press down on it (in two different places) which allow you to grip the knob and twist. It is hard for kids due to their hand size. That should keep her out!

The Lunds said...

Yes she does have the best hair ever. Man I miss her! And I love the pics of her doing her swimming lessons!