Sunday, July 3, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

So I thought I explained to Kate that 1 Seizure was all I could handle in this life, but apparently she didn't listen. Today Kate decided to cause quite the scene at church by having a seizure during nursery. A few of my young women came running to tell me that Kate was having a seizure, and I actually asked them if they were joking. But sadly they were not kidding. I got to witness my kid have a seizure again....and I will say that on the positive side, the second time around I didn't panic quite as bad. It might also help that I was in a hallway full of people, and got to get Kate a blessing while she was having the seizure. So long story short--the ambulance and fire EMS decided that we needed to head to the ER, because she didn't have a fever. Her last seizure she didn't have one either-- but the doctor decided that her temp had bottomed out instead of spiked. And then no fever again today had all of us worried that her seizures aren't just related to fevers. So being in an ambulance is not a fun experience. But 4 or so hours later the cat scan, blood work, and vitals all indicated that Kate was normal. Yay-- no answers. So we have to do a follow up appointment with our pediatrician on Tuesday to get an eeg. Hopefully that will at least give me some answers. Please keep Kate in your prayers, hopefully we will find out what is happening soon and this excitement can be over once and for all!

Stress makes Daddy and baby sleepy! OH PS: Kate didn't cry when they did blood work at the hospital. The nurse said it was her first kid not to cry. They wrapped her up in the sheet to hold her still, but Kate just looked at them and watched them do it without trying to move or cry. She is such a trooper! The IV attempt in the ambulance was a different story however....she cried so hard I had to get on the bed and lay down like I was a patient.

2 comments:

Greg and Nikki Diller said...

My sweet baby girl, its always the sweet ones that go through the hard times, be strong kate! I love you

Laura said...

Oh dear. How scary!!! Eliza has had 2 EEGs (The long one and a short regular one.) I am not an expert but the short one she had wasn't too bad. I am sorry that happened. Hopefully they can figure it out so you will know what is going on!