Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and Progress

As just about everyone knows, this weekend was Mother's Day. It is such a great holiday when you are a mother! I got to spend the whole day Sunday saying "But it's Mother's Day!" and getting my way. Those of you who know me understand the pure joy getting to boss people around brings me. To start off the weekend we had a game night with our usual crew. We learned that girls can't do pull ups. Enough said. Then we went out to eat with the Beaumont Walters and to a chick flick (Mother's day wins again!). Sunday also was a great day! Jon took Kate to visit nursery for the first time (FYI that is where the 18 month old and up kids get to go during church untill they are old enough for Primary) Jon said she did great! So great in fact that when he had to leave to go to his Priesthood meeting, the Nursery Leaders told him to just leave her! In just 3 more weeks she will be officially old enough to go there full time. I just love feeling free at church! Hopefully she continues to enjoy it! Look at her on Saturday: )




My little girl is getting so big! She has so much cute curly hair that I just love! Don't mind her expression, for some reason she is not a fan of the red light on my camera. But look at how tall and skinny she is getting! She used to be so chunky...that to me she seems tiny now! My girl is starting to talk lots too. One of her favorite pastimes is taking my phone, and with someone on the line or not, holding the phone with her cheek and shoulder and walking around the house talking. She calls her stuffed animals (especially the bears) babys. It cracks me up. And almost any time you ask her to say mom she says dad. I think she does it to torture me, cause she smiles after she says it.


Also, this update is a long time coming: We got new windows for our house! The seals were broken on most all of the exsisting windows, so we got a killer deal on new ones! Here are 2 of the before shots. You can see all the moisture trapped inside the windows. And these pictures were taken right after I washed the inside and outside of the windows!





Then TA DA! Look at how much more lovely outside looks when it isn't constantly cloudy! I didn't even notice before that the beaker box was rusty! I will be making my hubby change that out someday soon! I just love how clean and new my windows look. And they are apparently energy saving, so maybe the next power bill will reflect that. Also for mother's day I begged Jon to do a few small jobs around the house. I feel so much more put together with those small tasks done! My man is awesome. He made me feel special on my day. Oh and he got me a blizzard icecream cake....yummmm. I get to celebrate me again with a slice of that tonight! Hope you all had a great mother's day also, and that you spoiled the moms in your life!

1 comment:

ash+kris said...

Kate is SO cute! I am jealous of your blizzard cake! I craving one now!! I must have one... hahaha!