Saturday, September 11, 2010

I can't believe I missed 9 months!

So it came to my reaization a few minutes ago that the date today is the 11th, meaing yesterday was the 10th.....Kate's 9 month birthday! How did I miss that?! I like to post on the day and write about what she is doing....and I spaced it! At least the 11th is really close right?!

So at 9 months Kate is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING. As we speak she is standing taking the pots and pans out of the cabinet next to me. (great. I thought I had more time before that started!) She just recently started to clearly say 'ba', so her vocabulary has gone from just mumbling/screaming 'dadada' type stuff to 'dada baba'. I keep trying to get her to say 'mama'but with no success. She still only has one tooth, but I think number 2 will break the surface in a few weeks. She has even started to learn to pet the dog--not just yank his hair. Oh and she thinks she is funny....she will be playing and just randomly start laughing at herself. I just love to watch her think and learn. She crawls like a pro,LOVES to steal dog food any time she can (and puts up a huge fight to keep it in her mouth....such a weird-O!) I think she has also started to say hi....like she will sometimes look up from doing something random and squeal what sounds lots like HI....so I'm counting that! I'm trying to make her next 'trick' waving. For now her 'tricks' include clapping anytime you say yay and giving high fives.


Thanks about it....but here is a picture taken on her actual 9 month day! She has started crawling into the dog cage! This is on her way out after her first trip inside. She took toys in and had a ball....poor chance started at her like she was violating some kind of rule....pretty funny stuff!

3 comments:

Brandon and Bethany said...

This is kind of random/off topic, but I think I love that chair in the picture.. also, Kate is really cute :)

Laura said...

such a cutie! Happy 9 months to Kate! We miss you guys around here!

The Tibbitts said...

Ahh. . . the joys of growing up! I love all of her curly hair.