Monday, August 23, 2010

Just.......... too....... tired

So Kate, Chance and I took a little walk today. It was cut short cause Kate couldn't stay awake, and I couldnt get her out of this position:
Too funny!

Next, I tried to take a picture of Kate's tooth yesterday.... let's just say that this is as close as I could get, so clearly the picture was a failure! But she is so cute!

I am including a cute picture of my new favorite dress on Kate. So simple but so cute!

Lastly, I need some advice! All you readers out there weigh in and help me make up my mind. The problem: I can't decide if I should spend the money to join a gym.

My thoughts: It is like $700 a year! I could use that money to do other fun things. But if you break it down it is only like $30 a month and it includes group fitness classes and childcare. Jon is already going and I'm jelous....but I feel guilty spending the money on me. I do really want to lose weight. Working out at home is proving to be hard....the childcare alone will make the gym so much easier! When I could work out at home I have so many other things that require my time that I usually don't get a work out in. And it is SO HOT here to walk outside. I feel like a bad mom having Kate out too long! Also, I feel guilty going to a gym when my degree is Health Science... and pre-Kate I worked at 2 gyms. I have all the knowledge to work myslef out. So what do you think? It is worth it? Part of me really wants to, and part of me feels guilty spending money on it. HELP ME!

7 comments:

The Fishers said...

If you have the money, do it! It will only make you happier. You need to spend money on yourself - a happier Sarah means a happier Kate and Jon! Not sayign they aren't happy, but you know what I mean!

Brandon and Bethany said...

I consider joining the gym one of the best decisions I've made as a stay at home mom. Just having 1-2 hours away from Chandler in the morning is worth the money ;) It gives me something to do for myself everyday. Very important.

Costco offers some kind of deal on a gym membership.. I think @ 24 hour fitness. We don't have one close enough, but it's worth looking into.

Seriously, I think mom's should earn @ least $700 a year. :)

Becky said...

The baby-sitting makes it worth it! Go for it.

The Tibbitts said...

If you will go often, then it is worth the money. By the way, Kate is adorably cute.

Unknown said...

I don't even think you should be debating over this. Join a gym! It will make you feel great. I think spending money on keeping yourself healthy is one of the best investments. Why is it that when you are a mom you feel so guilty spending money on yourself? I have a hard time with that one too.

Nicole Weber said...

JOIN NOW! Even if money is tight, sacrifice somewhere else. You of all people know that $30 a month here and there will be SO MUCH CHEAPER in the long run then not paying it. Good health (which equals feeling good and looking good) should always be a priority. I couldn't live without my gym membership. I have free babysitting too! A lot of good it does me :) Also look around, we only pay $15 each a month for Golds and have free child care and unlimited tanning!

Jen said...

You've got all the knowledge you need, but gyms have something pretty cool....equipment! I think the variety of exercises that you can do and the change of scenery would give you some good motivation :)

There's a benefit for little Kate too--She gets to socialize! If you it's any motivation, think of it as a babysitting service with the perk of exercise equipment :)

And, of course, you deserve it too