Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8 months!!!

Time is flying! My baby is 8 months old! She officially pulls up on everything she can! She is normally only happy when she is on her feet. I'm afraid walking is soon to come!
She is getting more and more talkative. She can change the sounds she makes, and its really fun to hear her playing with her voice. She is a social butterfly. She absolutely loves for people to pay attention to her. Every morning/end of nap time when I go into her room to get her, she is standing up waiting for me. As soon as she sees me she starts jumping and squealing with happiness! It makes me feel so cool.
Kate however has decided that she isn't happy to be left alone. She will SCREAM if you set her on the floor. And she is a climber, if you sit down beside her she will try to climb up you. She is kinda like a monkey. Jon and I are afraid she is practicing to become a pole dancer..... She loves to play on the pegs in our living room...and she 'dances' and moves from side to side. It is quite funny!
She gets stuck when she is in standing position....she looks at the floor and yells. It is funny. I guess I'm an evil mom, but I find some pleasure in her discomfort.
Check out that hair! Her little hair is getting so long! It is still curly, and pretty much does whatever it wants. If I comb it or try to style it, it just goes right back where it was to start with! Oh well, she is still REALLY cute!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Too cute! I'm so jealous of all her hair! Oakley lost most of hers and has a sort of half mullet/half toilet seat head hair going on...poor girl.