Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's only just begun...

We made it safely to OHIO!!! Oh the 'heart of it all'....I'm a little biased, but I think it's the best state there is! Kate was AMAZING on the plane! (and fyi if you were interested in the last post, I chickend out and nursed Kate 2 times in the bathroom. it worked out perfectly that she was hungry when we were on the ground, so I stood in a stall! She kicks and moves around so much now I didnt want to flash the world! But hey--it worked! And still no formula)
So, we are here and having fun already. I am sitting here in a house full of sleeping parents and kid....unable to sleep myself, so I decided I would blog about our first 2 days here! First, I will share a picture of one of the reasons I am unable to sleep....I created a double, double, double, double, double, double stuffed oreo today. I usually take the double stuffed oreos apart and make them 2x stuffed, but today....somehow the stuffing kept coming apart and I ended up with a tower of oreo stuff! I was proud. lol--yes I'm easily amused. I told my mom I was having a 'fat kid' experience!
Yes....that me is licking the oreo stuff....wearing my BYU I wellness t-shirt that says " you are what you eat" on the back! lol....oh the irony! Anyway....to help you cleanse your eyes from seeing that....here is little miss Kate in her cuteness!
Spending time with Great Grandpa. She is such a little flirt! She wants all the men looking at her ALL the time!
Grandpa is so funny! Kate really loves my dad! She gets really happy when he laughs, and pays attention to him no matter what he is doing. Grandpa's girl! Won't be long and she will realize she can mold him like putty in her hand...
Did I mention that she is teething....she is a cute ball of drool! Did anyone else's kids nose RUN when teething? Kate is a ball of drool AND snot! She also will chew anything she can get her mouth on!
And she is just too cute in her little church outfit. I'm in love.
I'm sure there will be plenty more from Ohio soon, but for now, I should get some sleep!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

hahaha, very cute! I feel much the same about Ohio. Hope you have a great time! Wish I was there to see you!

Mallory said...

Ohio IS the best state.

I'm so glad that you nursed Kate on the trip, rather than giving her formula! Now we just have to work on getting you out of the bathroom to do it! :D

And, YES!, Benji's nose ran all the time when he was teething. I think he nose produced more than all the slobber!

(Love the picture of Kate with your dad! There is something about a kid's interaction with their grandpa's that melt my heart. I love seeing Benji with my dad!)