Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BIG Day at the Walter House!

Today marks a very important day in our little family's history. We are now OFFICIAL home owners, AND Kate rolled all the way over by herself!

We closed on our house today!! YAY! We get to start tearing down wall paper and painting! I'm acutally very excited to rip off wallpaper.....prolly won't be so excited in a few days when I still have days of work ahead of me....but for now yay! It is going to be amazing to have a garage, yard, no one sharing walls with me, color on those walls, and all the other benefits of having a house. (Pictures to come)

Today was Kate's 4 month doctor's checkup. So we got the sad shots (She only cried while they did the shots... as soon as i picked her up she stopped crying! Such a good baby!) She weighed in at 16.8 lbs. She is now back on the charts! She is in the 92nd percentile. Her length was 25.5 inches.....70somthing percentile. So she has slowed down with her growth, but the doctor was happy about it. And now we get to start rice cereal and stage 1 foods! Yay for DAD being able to feed her sometimes! That will be FUN for me! While at the doctor's office, Kate decided she wanted to look at the wall, and rolled herself ALL the way over. I was pretty impressed.

So overall today is a good good day!

4 comments:

The Fishers said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Brandon and Bethany said...

Ditto! I can't wait for pictures of your HOUSE! So jealous!

Becky said...

Mix some Downey (fabric softener- name brand actually works better than the generics) with some water, saturate the wallpaper that you are wanting to remove, wait a few minutes for it to sink in, then just scrap off with a large trowel. I have even been able to just peel sheets of wallpaper off with this method. Congrats on the new house and the rolling.

The Tibbitts said...

Yay! What a fun day! I am so jealous that you have your own home! One day. . .I look forward to that one day. Congratulations!