Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Always Exciting Doctor Visit...

So today was supposed to be a quick check-up at the good o'l doctors office. So after seeing that I lost weight since my last appointment 2 weeks ago, (Probably because I was throwing up all morning and couldnt keep anything down before I got to the doc) and measuring my huge gut, the doc decided they needed to do another ultrasound to check on the baby. Apparently my gut was measuring at 38 weeks instead of my actual 34. So... I get to pay for ANOTHER ultrasound-- yay. But anyway, the ultrasound showed that Kate is just fine, just big! she already weighs 6.5 lbs! The doctor said that she will prolly end up being over 8lbs at delivery...yay. I was thinking a 6-7 pounder sounded better. Maybe the ultrasound isn't accurate and I will still get a smaller than 8lb baby! But now the doc says they have to watch my growth to make sure she doesnt get too big to make delivery imposible. I still am under my pre-pregnancy weight and have a huge healthy baby, so I guess that is really cool. lol. I can already feel the pain...

Oh and I am officially swine flu protected. The doctor made a big speach about how important she thought getting the shot for me was, and said that they could do it right then... so I agreed. I dont know how into the swine flu hype I am, but if it makes the doc happy I guess Im in!

I will take some more pictures of my baby gut soon so you can see... I dont feel like Ive changed too much, but I will let you see for yourself!

6 comments:

The Fishers said...

My hospital doesn't even have the swine flu vaccine! I guess I'll just have to hang out with you all the time until baby is born and no one else! I can't believe Kate is so big...you and I just make big babies!!! :D

The Fishers said...

PS: Thanks for offering your shower! Just now (2 pm) I finally have everything fixed and running again! I've had burly workmen in and out of my house ALL morning! No more gas leak!

The Tibbitts said...

I can't believe your baby is already 6.5 lbs! That is amazing! I am glad that the baby is growing well. It is always comforting to know that the baby is healthy. Not only that but losing your pregnancy weight is going to be a breeze because you will have hardly any to lose. :)

Laura said...

Wow You're like the magic baby grower! That's great that she is healthy. Maybe she'll come early!

I want to get the swine flu vaccine but I haven't found it yet. That's good that you got it though!

Mallory said...

hahaha, fun to hear! I want to see that baby gut!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Yeah for big babies!!!
Grayer was 8lbs 4oz!! I was really surprised when they told me how big he was!! So glad little Kate is healthy!!! I can't wait to meet her!!