Friday, December 11, 2015

RSV Attacks Dec 10-14

 Poor Jane! She just can't seem to catch a break. I thought my poor girl had a cold, then we spent one crazy night with her having a hard time breathing. Jon of course was in New York working and I was home alone with the 3 kiddos. I went to the doctor the next morning to see what was going on. He sent us to get an RSV test and it came back positive. The next day we went back in for a checkup for Kate (on her 6th birthday) and the doctor sent us to the ICU. My amazing friends-who-feel-like-family in Texas had us taken care of. With just one phone call I had a place for both girls to spend the night. Thankfully Jon was able to hop a flight back home. He got to Texas right in time (10pm), the hospital staff was concerned that Jane wasn't responding well enough to the oxygen and were debating sending her to Houston. I felt like I was about to lose my mind with the stress of it all seeing my poor baby struggling to even take a breath, and then in walks my other half to save the day. Amazingly they decided to wait it out a little longer and she was able to get stable. Jon stayed the night the first night and I went home to sleep. It had been over 23 hours with no sleep for me, and I was barely able to drive home I was so beat. I felt so guilty that Jane was so sick, that I was missing Kate's birthday, and that I was abandoning Abby yet again. Mom's should be cloned so we can get everything done we need to!

 To make everything more stressful, this all happened the week before we were supposed to move. Jon and I were able to do a crazy schedule dance with alternating who stayed at the hospital and who was at home packing. We had lots of help from friends. One day a group of men came and packed/took apart furniture, Then 2 days I had a group of women helping me pack! Without their help we wouldn't have been ready to move when the movers got there. I'm not sure how I deserve such amazing people in my life.

Jane improved steadily, and after 4 days, was released. So far she has been able to keep herself healthy. So scary to watch your baby struggle.



No comments: