Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ohio Vacation 2014

 The girls and I flew solo for the first time! I was pretty nervous about how we would all handle it, but it worked out great! I woke the girls up at 3am and we started the drive to Houston.The girls stayed awake the entire time. We got to the long term parking to discover that the shuttle doesnt start operation till 6am....and our flight took off at 6:05. So I had to put Abby on my shoulders and drag our 2 suitcases with one arm and Kate held onto my shirt. I got quite a workout before we even made it to the ticket counter! But, despite the hike we made it to our flight in perfect timing, and the girls were great! Kate took a nap on the flight, but Abby refused to, but at least she wasn't being grumpy! We finally made it to Ohio and Mom picked us up. It was great to be back in Ohio as always.
 I was lucky enough to meet up with my dear friend Allie. Man I love this girl, and LOVE that it never feels forced with us. I am lucky to have such a great lifelong friend in my life!
 Then we headed to Granny's house the second day in Ohio. I LOVE the view from her back window. There were 3 deer just ambling around, and she lives in Cincinnati! I miss being surrounded by beautiful trees.
 This picture cracked me up. The evil eye must be genetic. But they were laughing while they were making faces at each other. Too much fun!
 Then Granny got out her Play Dough, and Kate was in Heaven! Granny has cool gadgets that we don't, and my girl thought it was awesome. While playing she also was playing pretend. Kate is adorable, and quite possibly will become a successful actress, because when she commits to a role she gives it 100%. It is entertaining to watch.

No comments: