Thursday, December 22, 2011

Life at the ZOO

You know how sometimes as a stay at home mom life feels like a zoo? WELL yesterday I felt like that in a literal sense. I am dog sitting for my sis in law, and they had dropped their dog and fish off at my house at 8:30 in the morning. Not even an hour later I noticed that their dog was trying to get under my fence, and both dogs were covered in mud. SO I had to bring them inside to avoid the hole getting bigger. Two muddy, hyper dogs reeked havoc all over my house! I then moved on to taking care of my daughter who had peed all over her bed. While getting the wet items out of her room, I hear the dogs just about knocking over my Christmas tree. When I came to yell at them to knock it off, I found this:

A GIANT white rabbit! He came under the fence through the hole that Sadie had dug (trying to get to the rabbit). The dogs were FREAKING OUT!!! And my still naked daughter thought it was the coolest thing ever! All 4 of us were standing at the back door watching the rabbit. 2 of us were barking and howling, one was jumping shouting "ITS A BUNNYYY" over and over again, and one of us couldn't do anything except laugh and take pictures. Finally I got things under control and headed to the neighbors house to ask them if they were missing a bunny. Thankfully it was theirs and was easily put back in their yard, with the hole covered (mostly). However, I'm still cleaning up paw prints.



Speaking of cleaning paw prints, Kate decided that moping was REALLY fun. When I was finished she ran around just like this for a long time moping like mom. Unfortunately, she also made a pile of her own that I had to come clean up. Apparently mopping is important for a healthy colon.


ps---she doesn't have pull ups on because I'm trying to get more serious about potty training, and have found that without pull ups on she will run to the bathroom when the urge comes....with the exception of the mopping incident.

No comments: