Thursday, August 25, 2011

Recent Happenings

Ok moms fellow Moms: Do you know those days/weeks when you feel like you are watching your kid from another perspective and start to realize that your baby isn't a baby still? I have been experiencing that lots lately! My little girl still doesn't talk lots, but she understands everything! And man is she just getting big! Her baby fat is all but gone, and she is getting long and skinny! She continues to amaze me with the most simple things that I didn't give her credit for. For example, when we pull into one of our friends or families driveways she will point at the house and start saying their names. Yesterday we ran by a friends house to see if there was a package waiting there and Kate SCREAMED when we didn't get out of the car and go see her friend. But when I said, "Kate honey, Nikki isn't home." she stopped crying instantly! Too funny. She also is starting to get much more creative during play. This morning for example I was entertained watching her and her "baby" as she calls him. (for some reason teddy bears are babies...whatever works!) She and her baby were sitting at her little table eating their breakfast and sharing very nicely! She also is very gentle and nurturing. Oh and her bear got LOTS of hugs and kisses, and then got to kiss all the other stuffed animals in the room, and chance got some kisses. I thought it was just too cute. She would gently give her bear a cheerio and then eat one herself.

Here she is saying cheese with her bear


Using hands to eat cheerios is so time consuming. She and her bear both took turns eating like this for awhile.


Man, my little girl is getting so big!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Holy Crap! How did she get so big I can't believe how long her hair is getting! Man I miss her! (and you)