Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Rewind

So I know its officially January now, but I'm just now home and trying to get back into the swing of 'real life' and updating my blog is now one of the things on my to do list. I should probably be doing something else on that list, but this is the most enjoyable. Who really wants to clean, do laundry, wash dishes, unpack, and dust?? Not to mention plan activities for the next few months at church. I always hate the holiday letdowns.....you all know what I mean. That unwelcome, overpowering doom- feeling of everyday life. The magic of the Christmas season melts away and you are forced to get back to the grind of the rest of the year. Of course there are still fun things to be done, but i digress.
Christmas was spent in Ohio. We were so lucky to get to spend time with my entire side of the family! We haven't all gotten together in a long time! We were sorry to miss the Walter family Christmas in Texas, but being my brother's first Christmas home from his mission, we headed north. Kate was a PERFECT traveler. She was good on the plane, and slept anywhere I put her on vacation! She couldn't have been better!
Here she is opening presents with Dad. She was really good at it! And she loved playing with everything. She mostly likes to eat the paper still.....
Kate LOVED playing with her Uncle Zach. One day Jon, Zach and I were gone for a couple of hours, and when we returned Kate ran squealing right for Zach. Who cares if Mom and Dad just walked in....she only had eyes for Zach! I feel the love Kate.
Kate of course got LOTS of presents. She was spoiled. I need to buy a new shelf to organize all her toys! Any suggestions?? I like the idea of the little tubs on shelves but I want a cheap version of whatever I get! Anyway (can you tell my mind is 100% scattered right now! I can't even type a blog post without getting off track!) One of Kate's favorite gifts was from Grandma, for her big girl room. She painted/draw some amazing pictures for her room and got this bear to match. Kate LOVES giving it kisses. She has also started kissing lots of people. She thinks it is funny to give kisses. So I am posting 2 shots of her kissing the bear. I couldn't decide on one. lol.
Too cute!
More pictures of hanging out with Uncle Zach. Between Zach and my mom, Kate was totally happy. She would cry when my mom left the room, but didn't seem to miss me!
Kate had a few 'firsts' while in Ohio. Some of the biggest were her first time sledding. She didn't really do much.... Jon said a few times he thinks she smiled, but otherwise she was indifferent.
She thought Grandpa was funny. She liked to laugh at him.
She got her 5th tooth! It is on the top, but not one of the middle ones.....she is starting to look really funny!

She also learned how to walk! She walks everywhere now. I can't slow her down. Goodbye baby, hello toddler.

All in all, our trip was amazing. Now we are back to work and life, working on those resolutions. I hope everyone else had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. Nothing brings me more happiness than spending time with family and friends.

3 comments:

K. C. said...

Hooray for Kate walking! :)

I got shelves like these for Anthony's room. They're cheap and they are light so if it get's knocked over, she won't get hurt.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safco-Products-Wire-Cube-Shelving-System-15w-x-15d-x-15h-Black/14626491

Brandon and Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, she is one year old?! When did that happen!

PS: I heard that "Don't you wish your girl friend was hot like me?" song at the gym today and thought about Jon, and laughed a little.

Maybe some day we'll get together again.

The Tibbitts said...

We are so happy that you had a great Christmas! I can't believe Kate is walking; it seems like yesterday that you were posting her birth! Crazy!