Sunday, December 27, 2009

A few of my favorite things (pictures that is)

Ok... 2 weeks and 3 days have passed in little Kate's life. She has already had some pretty big changes! So to update you on our life, I'll include a few of my favorite pictures (you can thank me now... cause I've become a little camera happy.... I hope all first time parents understand what I mean!)

One of Kate's favorite things in life is men. I'm very afraid for those teenage years! She just LOVES her daddy! Every time she hears his voice she turns to look at him. She also is a sucker for Grandpa's voice... few things put her to sleep better than testosterone and a warm manly chest!

Kate and Grandma are best buds! She loves to poop and pee for her too! lol. They also like to hum back and forth... and fall asleep to Josh Groban (another man voice! I guess she has good taste!) Grandma gave Kate her first bath...our water bill is going to increase for sure when Kate is a showering teenager (I don't know where that trait comes from...)

Puppy love came extra early for little Kate. Too bad for her it is literally excessive love from Chance. He just adores her! He constantly checks on her by looking in her crib and licking her feet whenever they are visible.

Kate is so alert. She will turn to the source of voices, grab things around her hands, and roll from side to side in her crib. I can't believe how fast she is growing and it has only been 2 weeks!

This was my view of my girl for the first week and a half. THANKFULLY my view has changed significantly. I can now say I think my spinal leak is healed, and I am up and around. It is easier to change a diaper when you are vertical!

Kate celebrated her first holiday. This is Christmas Eve, in her first Christmas pj's. This is also one of our first family photos. These mugs were from my baby shower, and fit the situation perfectly!
Then Christmas came! Yay for presents that she couldn't open but will enjoy the gifts from inside. Next year will be much more entertaining. She spent most of the morning sleeping. But that outfit sure was cute! Also, on Christmas Kate had her first long car ride and her first visit to Ohio. We are now chilling with Grandma and Grandpa in 'the heart of it all' while Jon is unpacking our things in TX. Leaving TN was sad, but Kate is experiencing her first move. Another first coming soon will be a plane ride.... wish me luck!

First Sunday at church. We made sure to put a bow in her hair just for daddy... he is a little obsessed with all her beautiful hair! Kate already has Jon wrapped around her tiny fingers! She was amazing at church. Only had one feeding and diaper change, and she slept the rest of the time. Too bad that won't last forever...

Kate has started to hold her head up! She just keeps getting it up higher, and holding it there longer! I'm amazed at her strength. Also, the first cross-eyed-but-still-totally-cute shot. It makes me laugh every time.


And one more because she is just TOO cute. Kate is a bundle a joy. Now if we can convince her that night time is for sleeping and not being awake, things would be perfect!

10 comments:

Nicole Weber said...

These pictures are so cute. I can't wait to meet Kate some day! Now I want a baby... but thinking back to the past 9 months of your life makes me a little hesitant!

The Fishers said...

AWWW! I nmiss you guys already!!!

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Oh Sarah, Kate is sooo adorable!!!! We are really going to miss you guys!!

Mallory said...

I can definitely relate to the camera happy new parent thing! Kate sure is a cutie!

Erin_C said...

wow I can't believe how much you've done in 2 weeks! I didn't do anything for like a month!

I'm sad we won't meet kate. she is such a cutie. good luck in texas!

The Lunds said...

I love her! She is just too cute and I love the hair. I got the same pacifiers for Lillias.

Jill and Chris said...

TWIN!! She is absolutely adorable! Tons of hair and .. oh what a cutie. I'll call you tomorrow(Tues). Must meet Kate!

Laura said...

Kate is beautiful. You are moving????? I had no idea! We'll miss seeing you around here. Have a safe move!

The Tibbitts said...

She is absolutely adorable. I am so jealous of all of that black hair. Luke is a year old and is still bald, which is okay for a boy, but I feel bad for my poor girls. I am glad you had a great Christmas. Good luck with the move and air plane ride!

Unknown said...

congrats! what a cutie with a great name and lots of hair!