Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Battle of Monmouth

One of my favorite things about living in New Jersey is being so close to American History! On my way to the grocery store I pass the battlefield for the Battle of Monmouth. Today was a beautiful day so I loaded my troops up and headed to the field. This was the battle that made Molly Pitcher famous!
Here are my little Molly Pitchers.






 Love this picture of Abby!
 Kate LOVED the battlefield. She kept running ahead and then running back to ask questions about the battle. It was fun to see her actually recognizing where we were.

 The excited girl stood still enough for a picture too.
 Dad teaching his girls how to roll down a hill. They loved it!
We found a statue of General Von Steuren. He came to train our men and help with the Revolution. My poor girls were a little sad it wasn't George.

No comments: