Thursday, October 9, 2014

Look at the Sky

When I was a teenager I read a story about optimism. In it the young girl is getting a landscape painting critiqued by a teacher. As the teacher begins listing the shortcomings on the ground of her picture, the girl keeps thinking, but look at the sky! It is a lesson to find and focus on the good despite shortcomings around us. One thing Texas has taught me is to look at the sky! It is often too hot, too muggy, too insect infested, too flat to be considered pretty in my book. But if you look at the sky, Texas doesn't disappoint. The big open sky is often filled with awe inducing clouds. Looking at the beautiful sky reminds me of this story every time and as I drive I find myself mentally counting my blessings. I love the amazing feeling it brings me. I am such a blessed woman!

No comments: