Sunday, September 7, 2014

Kate hits the field

 Kate had her first soccer game Saturday. I have to confess I was happy her uniform was purple! It is no secret that I dislike the sport of soccer--so at least having a cute uniform made it a tab bit easier for me to pretend excitement for her sake. (Don't worry she doesn't know I hate the sport!). But she was pretty solid of a player. She would run fast after the ball and kick it a few times...but then would back off when other kids came to give them turns, so she doesn't quite get the concept. She didn't get a goal, but we found a good way to use her on defense--she distracted the best player on the other team for an entire goal by standing and talking to her!! hehe! Although the sport isn't my favorite, it was fun to watch her! Abby also really enjoyed cheering for Kate--we may have a cheerleader on our hands with that one!




1 comment:

The Lunds said...

She is too cute! I love it! Too bad her and Oak aren't on the same team!