Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter Round II and an Excuse for Vacation!

Last week we had the chance to go home to Ohio. One of my friends was getting married, and Jon was actually able to take the week of! It was a great excuse for a family vacation that didn't have the pressure of the holidays. Now that doesn't mean we didn't find ways to celebrate. My Grandma spoiled me with a second Easter. She knows how much I LOVE her cooking, so she made an Easter feast on Sunday, and had an egg hunt for Kate. We are so spoiled!
 Kate and her Great Grandma. Or Granny as she calls her.
 Kate enjoyed all the attention from my family. Here she is running outside in her new skirt having Grandpa and Zach throw her in the air.
  Running around outside Kate still takes a time out to request looking at pictures on Grandpa's Cell phone.  That girl is mildly obsessed with pictures!
 4 Generations on the front porch.....we know it isn't pretty...but the point is we were all there and we are awesome!
 And her egg hunt! She wanted the candy out but had a hard time opening the eggs. She quickly discovered that she could break them open by throwing them on the floor.
 And for whatever reason this net was the preferred way to gather eggs. She is such a silly girl and comes up with the funniest ideas on her own.
  All the partying didn't leave lots of time for sleeping. Kate missed her nap multiple times while we were on vacation. But she still was a sweetheart and had a blast....until our last day when we told her we were going home. Poor girl didn't want to leave Grandma and Grandpa! But who can blame her-- they are the coolest!
 Ohh Uncle Zach. Kate just loves flirting with him! She gave him TONS of big kisses. She plants big ones right on the lips and holds it there for long stretches of time. SO fun to watch her do to Zach since it makes him uncomfortable. She would hold him captive all day if she could.
 While in Ohio Kate had her first experience with high heels. She was snooping in Grandma's room and found some dress shoes that Grandma was saving for Christmas. She came running out and said--"Grandma! Pretty Shoes!!!" It is funny to note that it took her quite a few tries to stand up in them. Funny girl. But she is becoming quite the shoe fanatic.
 And the best excuse to have vacation.....Kacie and Randy's wedding! Somehow I didn't end up with a bride and groom picture, but here is Kate and Grandma enjoying the good food at the reception. I was asked to read a poem in the wedding ceremony, and it was great to be there for the big day! I just love Kacie so much!
 I did get a picture right before Kacie and Randy dug into their ribs at the rehearsal dinner. I love a couple that isn't afraid to get messy--especially for good food! Thanks for the great wedding, and I'm so happy for you!
Ahh, being home from vacation is always such a sweet sorrow. You are forced to sit around and cherish the good time you had while you do laundry and get back into the daily routine. I sure love all my friends and family and am so blessed to have them in my life. Sometimes I sit back and marvel at all the amazing people I am fortunate to have by my side! I am one lucky lady! 

No comments: