Sunday, April 29, 2012

Amazing Friends

Have you ever just had a crappy day where no matter what you try to do you cant stop tearing up at everything and being emotional? Today has been one of those days for me. Not only is my throat swollen and my voice gone, but I woke up to a sick husband. He has a stomach flu. Since I've been throwing up the last 24 weeks of my life I totally understand, but at the same time it makes me grumpy that when he is sick he gets to sleep it off and do nothing; but the last 24 weeks he left me home alone with Kate to take care of (not that that means he is a bad person by ANY means its just the injustice of the situation!). So I got ready for church and took Kate with me as always. She was extra hyper today, so it made my job harder than usual. Then top that off with getting news at church that made me really emotional (I may have sat in the bathroom and cried for a bit....I blame the pregnancy!). I then of course come back home to a sick husband who needs me to take care of him. So my Sunday was spent taking care of my family all while feeling alone and emotionally strained. Then I get a random phone call from one of my dear friends. She says she knew I could use a laugh and was emailing me a video she made that would make me happy. Then she also listened to my woes as always and helped my burden feel lighter. So now I am sitting here crying again (I HATE HORMONES!) counting my blessings for all the amazing friends and family I have in my life. Whether it is a phone call or text or invite or comment, somehow the amazing people in my life always make my way lighter. I feel so unworthy to be blessed by so many simply amazing people. Even though I'm not going through any huge crisis I have friends who care enough about me to know when I need a good laugh. So I guess this is me publicly thanking all of my friends for the small things you do all the time to amaze me. You all make my life the amazing journey it is.

1 comment:

J said...

Sorry your pregnancy has been so hard. It's so weird to see a post like this because you are always the one making me laugh. I love reading your blog. I miss ya!
Tahsha