Monday, November 1, 2010

HALLOWEEN!!


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I think it is in part because it falls so close to my birthday, and partly because of the tapes my mom let me listen to as a kid with all the cool halloween songs on them. I still sing "h-a-double l-o-w-double e-n spells Halloween!!!!!!" every time I type the word! I think I've always loved halloween!
Anyway, for our costumes this year I decided we all needed to be pumpkins. I was a pumpkin for my first Halloween, and Jon (Thinks) he was too! So I took that as a sign from the Halloween spirits (hehe) that Kate HAD to be a pumpkin too! And because I'm cheap I decided to make them all! I spent $15 bucks on all 3 costumes! For the ward Trunk or Treat party we stuffed ourselves to look extra round. It was the funniest on Kate! She kinda hated it! But that didnt stop her from getting around the party:
Checking out the row of chairs. I dont know why they were so tempting, but she loved them!
This is how she was crawling. Oh I just laughed the whole time!

Here she is wearing Uncle Scott's hunting hat. She was cracking up, till Brooke came and took the hat! Then she cried. lol. I love the expression on her face here, almost like shes saying "don't even think about it!" to Brooke!

I decided to throw a Halloween party at my house! I loved it so much I think this will be an annual thing! I wish my house was bigger so I could have invited more people. Here is the pinata I made for the kids. It took 2 attempts, but voila!

The next few pics are of the kitchen with the food set up. Jon was worried we wouldn't have enough food, but we had tons of leftovers!

Thanks to everyone who helped with the food! It was good. I even labeled all the items with 'spooky' names.

The kids got to take turns hitting the pinata. It help up for almost all of them! I think we only missed 2 little kids. I was proud of my little pumpkin pinata!


The kids getting the candy.

I really hope everyone else had as much fun as we did, but like I said, I plan to do it again because it was so fun! I even hit a store for their clearance priced Halloween stuff today!

3 comments:

Nicole Weber said...

You'll have to check out my blog- in a day or two. I had a fun Halloween party too! I think you'll like some of the treats I made :) I wish we could go to eachother's parties...! miss you!

The Lunds said...

You are too cute! I didn't even realize you made Kate's costume it looked store bought to me when I saw your profile pic. LOVE IT! Too cute!

Mallory said...

You were a Walter pumpkin patch! I'd pick you :)