Sunday, July 5, 2015

Arrival of Jane

 On 6-9, at approximately 5:30 am, I woke up to my water breaking. It was 3.5 weeks before my due date, so I had literally nothing ready for her to come. Since Abby was born so quickly after my first contraction we jumped up and got the girls to our friend Meghan as fast as we could. All I grabbed was my cell phone and my kindle. We got to the hospital and I was dilated to a 6, but only having sporadic contractions. So we got all settled in our room to await the arrival of Jane. Jon's office sent flowers before hard labor even started. Since I was feeling so unprepared for Jane's early arrival, I decided to risk a spinal leak again and get an epidural. I just couldn't convince myself to be tough and do natural again, even though I had originally planned to. I was scared to death while they put in the epidural. Luckily the man was amazing and got it put in correctly. After waiting for quite awhile and pushing twice, Jane was born at 5:10pm.

 (excuse the picture.....it was all I have since she was taken away so quick!)
 She was 8lbs 14oz, so luckily for me she was early! Sadly, she was having a very hard time breathing on her own, so I only got to hold her for a few moments before they rushed her off to the NICU. I then had over 12 hours without her in my room while she got stronger in the NICU.
 Since I had an epidural, and was still throwing up they wouldn't let me go see her for a long time. I felt miserable just stuck in my room, but Jon was able to go see her and report back to me. Poor girl, she was a fighter and quickly improved.


The next morning she was brought back to me fully off oxygen. I was so happy to have her back! But I wasn't able to relax, since there were still some concerns about her health. She showed some signs of problems and failed her hearing test. That was just the start of the medical journey poor Jane had to go through. 

No comments: