Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gratitude

Since Kate's surgery our family has experienced a huge outpouring of love from our friends and family. I feel overwhelmed by gratitude. People have watched Abby so we can go to appointments with Kate, sent packages, cards, flowers and prayers. Several people have brought us meals and loaned us movies to keep Kate entertained. Kate has told me on several occasions, "Lots of people love me right mom?" And of course the answer is YES! Seeing this many people serve our family makes me wonder what I ever did to deserve such amazing people. Nothing. That is my conclusion. I don't deserve this kind of treatment, but I appreciate it so much! I would be lost without the support system I have.

 Kate and I started a post surgery project, making a Princess tower for her princess barbies. We aren't done, but here it the before picture. And as you see below, we are spending lots of time on the couch these days!
 Fingers crossed we will be able to do therapy and get her vision to improve in her bad eye. We started doing a patch on her good eye for 2 hours a day, but it is tricky, since she can't see well she hates it. It's going to be a long road, but with all the support we have around here we should be just fine. Thanks so much to everyone who has been there for us!

No comments: