Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blast from the past

 While I was helping look through old pictures at my Grandma's house, I came across these pictures from a family trip my Mom, brother and I took with my Grandparents to see where Grandpa grew up in the hills of West Virginia. Truly one of my favorite places to see, I think it is beautiful! Thanks to that trip, and a few others, I have had the goal on my bucket list to stay at the Greenbriar Hotel. I will go someday, I promise (just like Paris, and Rome, and Venice, etc, etc). But I digress. I loved seeing these pictures where Grandpa was so obviously proud of his home. This waterfall is just right off the highway, it is beautiful to just pull over and explore.
 Look at my sweet brother-- helping me map out where to step.
 With Mom and Grandpa looking on. One of my favorite things of all time to do is walk in streams/creeks. I think the sensation is calming and soothing in a way that nothing else is.
 Part of the trip we went to Grandpa's family graveyard on the top of a mountain (like literally the drive is STRAIGHT up.) I loved seeing the old weathered tombstones. Old cemeteries are so cool.
 And because this was on the same roll of film as the other pictures and it was too priceless to do without, I present to you, a shot of my brother picking on my Mom. He used to make her hair all poofy and make fun of the effects. They both love this picture I'm sure, but not as much as me!
I just love walking down memory lane. I think that is why I love scrapbooking and blogging so much. Even though I will never be considered famous or interesting to other people, my own history and memories interest me and make me happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you will now be out of the will for posting that picture! lol That picture is awful!